Ra: To come (go—get) out—To exit—To leave.
1) Ra Công: To invest by offering labor—To take pains to do something.
2) Ra Dấu: To sign (signal).
3) Ra Đi: To depart—To start (away—off—out) one’s way—To leave.
4) Ra Đi Nhẹ Tợ Lông Hồng: To leave the secular world as lightly as a feather at the end of one’s life.
5) Ra Điều: To appear as if (one knew everything).
6) Ra Đời: To be born—To come into this world.
7) Ra Gì: To be worth something.
8) Ra Hiệu: See Ra Dấu.
9) Ra Hồn: See Ra Gì.
10) Ra Khỏi: See Ra.
11) Ra Lệnh: To command—To order.
12) Ra Mắt: To report oneself to—To appear before—To present.
13) Ra Mặt: To appear—To show oneself.
14) Ra Ngoài: See Ra.
15) Ra Người: To be worth of being a man.
16) Ra Oai: To put on airs.
17) Ra Rả: Without interruption—Incessantly—Ceaselessly.
18) Ra Sức: To make every effort to do something.
19) Ra Tài: To show one’s talent.
20) Ra Tay: To set about—To begin to do something.
21) Ra Uy: See Ra Oai.
22) Ra Về: To return—To go back.
: To feel one’s way.
: To be continuous.
: Very tired eyes—Weary eyes.
: Exhausted—Worn out—To be very tired.
: To be very hungry.
: In rags.
Rải: To distribute—To scatter—To spread.
: Offering flowers.
: To endeavor—To strive—To make efforts
: Floods of tears.
: To crack.
: A fetter
: Bondage and freedom from bondage—Theo , khi Phật đến thăm bệnh , đã nhắn nhủ các vị là không nên khởi những sự ràng buộc—According to the Vimalakirti Sutra, when Manjusri Bodhisattva obeyed the Buddha’s command to call on Vimalakirti to enquire after his health, Vimalakiriti reminded that a Bodhisattva should not tie himself up (with wrong views).
· Sao gọi là ràng buộc? Sao gọi là giải thoát? Tham đắm nơilà bị . Dùng thọ sanh là . Lại không có huệ thì buộc, có huệ thì , không tiện thì buộc, có tiện thì giải—What is tying and what is untying? Clinging to serenity (dhyana) is a Bodhisattva’s bondage, but his expedient rebirth (for the salvation of others) is freedom from bondage. Further, he is held in bondage by wisdom which lacks expedient methods (upaya), but is liberated by wisdom supported by expedient device; he is (also) held in bondage by expedient methods which are not upheld by wisdom but is liberated by expedient methods backed by wisdom.
· Sao gọi là không cóthì buộc? dùng ái kiên , ở trong , , mà lấy mình, đó là không có huệ thì buộc—What is bondage by wisdom unsupported by expedient methods? It is bondage caused by the Bodhisattva’s desire to embellish the Buddha land (with merits) in order to bring living beings to perfection while practicing for his self-control (the three gates to nirvana, namely,) voidness, formlessness and inactivity. This is called bondage by wisdom unsupported by expedient methods (upaya).
· Sao gọi là cóhuệ thì giải? không dùng , , ở trong pháp ‘không,’ ‘vô tướng,’ ‘vô tác’ lấy mình, không mỏi mệt, đó là có huệ thì giải—What is liberation by wisdom backed by expedient methods? It is liberation achieved in the absence of desire to embellish the Buddha land (with merits) in order to bring living beings to perfection, while practicing unremittingly for his self-control (the three gates to nirvana, namely) voidness, formlessness and inactivity. This is called liberation by wisdom supported by expedient methods (upaya).
· Sao gọi là không cóhuệ thì buộc? trụ nơi các món , , , , mà trồng các cội , đó là không có tiện thì buộc—What is bondage by expedient methods unsupported by wisdom? It is bondage caused by a Bodhisattva’s lack of determination to keep from desire, anger, perverse views and other troubles (klesa) while planting all wisdom roots. This is called bondage by expedient methods which lack wisdom.
· Sao gọi là cótiện thì giải? Là các thứ , , , , mà các cội , , đó là có tiện thì giải—What is liberation by expedient methods sustained by wisdom? It is liberation won by a Bodhisattva who keeps from desire, anger, perverse views and other troubles (klesa) while planting all virtuous roots which he dedicates to his realization of supreme enlightenment. This is called liberation by expedient methods sustained by wisdom.
: A fetter has arisen.
: Very clearly (evidently).
: To become famous.
Rành: To master—To know perfectly.
: See .
Rảnh: To be free (at leisure—at liberty—available).
: Not to see.
: See Rảnh.
: To be free of all conditions and entanglements.
: To be completely dry.
Rào: Fence—To enclose—To fence—To shut in.
: To walk at a rapid pace
: To feel excited—To have sensation or excitement.
: cho rằng mọi có thể được rữa sạch hoặc họ có thể được ban phúc nếu để cho một vị chủ chăn rưới nước lên thân mình—Externalists believe that sins can be washed away or they can be blessed by letting a religious person to sprinkle holy water on their body.
: Complicated (question)—Complex (charater)—Intricate (problem).
: To obey absolutely (completely).
1) Vết nhăn: Cracked.
2) Khuyên răn: To counsel—To advise—To warn.
: See Răn (2).
: See .
1) Con rắn: Snake.
2) Cứng rắn: Hard and solid.
: Poisonous snake—Lòng tham như rắn độc—Greed is similar as a poisonous snake.
: Cứng như đá—As hard as rock—Admonished.
: Răng lung lay—Our teeth fall out—Loose teeth.
: To attempt seriously—To intend—To mean.
: To whisper.
: See .
: To copy (imitate) closely.
Rất: Very much—Most—Badly.
: To be very rational.
: To be very advanced.
: To be very sophisticated.
: To scold—To reprimand—To chide
: To quarrel.
: To be troublesome.
1) Rẻ tiền: Inexpensive—Low in price—Cheap.
2) Khinh rẻ: To despite—To disregard—To despite.
: To disregard—To scorn—To contemn.
: To deviate—To change direction.
Rén: Rón rén—To walk on tiptoe.
Rèn: To forge.
: To cultivate—To form one’s will.
: Cultivation of moral and spiritual growth
1) Reo vui: To cheer—To shout.
2) Làm reo (đình công): To be on strike—To strike (làm reo).
: To shout with joy.
: To shout (call out) to.
Rét: Very cold.
: To groan—To moan.
: To speak ill of someone.
: To rustle.
Riết: Without intermission—Continuously
Rình: To watch—To be on the watch (on the look-out) for someone—To spy on.
: See Rình.
: Absolutely clear.
Rọi: To light.
: To illuminate.
: To walk on tiptoe.
1) Đi rong: To go about from place to place.
2) Rong rêu: Moss.
: To wander.
1) Nước ròng: To ebb—To flow back to the sea.
2): Pure (metal).
3) Suốt: Throughout (the year).
Rơù: To touch.
: To feel—To grope.
Rơi: To drop—To fall—To come down.
: To shed tears.
: To fall into “Nihilism.”
Rời: To come loose—To become detached—To separate.
: To be exhausted.
: Things of no value.
Rỡn: To jest—To joke.
: To drop back—To fall behind.
: Confused and agitated.
Rỗi: To be free.
: To be unoccupied.
Rống: To roar (of lion).
: Độc long—Ferocious dragons.
: Absolutely empty.
: See .
: Spacious and beautiful adorned.
: To lull to sleep.
: To stay at home at all time.
Rú: To yell—To scream.
: To allure—To lure—To entice.
1) Mời: To invite.
2) Rủ xuống: To hang down.
: To be worn (tired) out—To be exhausted.
: See .
Rủa: To call down—To curse.
: To be ready.
: To tremble.
: To thrill.
: To shake—To vibrate.
: To shiver (tremble) with cold or fear.
: To shake (tremble) with fear.
Rụng: To drop—To fall.
: To abandon—To desert.
: See .
: To reduce—To diminish.
: See .
: To run away secretly.
: To withdraw—To take back.
: To cut short.
: To extract.
Rụt: To take back—To withdraw.
Rửa: To wash—To clean.
: To take vengeance for an insult—To wash out an insult.
: Forest of knives—Rừng mà trong đó tất cả cây cối, từ thân lá, đến bông trái đều bén như gươm đao. Người có tội bị các loài rượt bắt, hoảng sợ chạy leo lên cây trốn, bị gió mạnh thổi tới, nhánh lá cây đều khua động, chém người đó nát như tương. nầy dành trị tội kẻ săn bắn , hay thiêu đốt chúng sanh—A forest in which everything is sharp as knives and daggers. The offenders are chased by vicious predators; to overcome with terror, they climb onto trees to escape. A great cold wind gusts the leaves on the trees to move rapidly, shredding the prisoners to a thick bloody syrup. This hell is reserved for those who find pleasure in hunting and burning sentient beings.
: Deep forest and high mountain.
Rước: To greet—To welcome—To receive.
Rưới: To spirnkle.
: Supports and columns—Keystones.
Rượt: To run after—To chase—To pursue.
: To pull off.